Moving is a always a hassle. The last thing you need is the stress of finding a reputable agent, dealing with showings, and negotiating with buyers. Homeowners in Salem, Corvallis, or anywhere else in the Willamette Valley call us or submit their house info on this website to reduce the stress of moving because they know Willamette Home Buyers is buying houses in Salem. We help sellers sell their house quickly (because we’re actively buying houses in Salem Oregon right now!).
Moving brings big changes to your life. Whether it’s a new job or a sick relative, you can’t afford to be distracted right now. You need to focus on starting the next chapter in your life.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize.
You don’t want to be in a situation where you end up paying to own and maintain a vacant house for 6 months or more. That gets expensive and it doesn’t have to be that way.
The corona virus scare has rocked the stock market, and it’s only a matter of time before the Salem real estate market is affected as well. It’s likely we’re nearing a peak in home values, and no one can predict just how hard the value of your home will be affected. We’ve heard some serious horror stories over the past couple of decades. Unless you’re filthy rich, you probably can’t afford to wait it out.
So what options do you have when you’re relocating and need to sell your Salem Oregon house fast?
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Salem… Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your house is worth: To do this you can contact a reputable real estate agent or connect with us and we can give you a no cost no obligation valuation on your property. Once you know what the house may be able to sell for in the current market… that sets the basis for how long you may or may not be able / willing to sell the house.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is important. It’s not uncommon for people to move out of state for a job who and have their house on the market for over a year before selling it for a much much lower price than they hoped. How much are you willing to pay to maintain a vacant house? And how long are you willing to keep making two mortgage payments, two insurance payments, and two property tax payments?
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: If you’re going to list your house with an agent, sooner is better. Every month that you wait or every month that it takes to sell the house costs you money. But what if you wanted to sell quickly, without waiting around for agents and traditional offers? Willamette Home Buyers offers another option… we are a reputable local house buyer and we’d love to make you a fast-fair all cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible. But not everyone is an expert in determining a house’s true value, especially over time. One thing many people overlook forget to do is come up with the amount of how much it costs you to hold onto this house. The costs involved include the mortgage payment (mostly interest), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc. If your house is worth $200,000, you could be looking at as much as $1600 a month in holding costs (mortgage payment $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, insurance $100/mo, and $100/mo for maintenance) If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through with a real estate agent for that $200,000… it will cost you $11,200 in holding costs PLUS $12,000 in real estate agent commission (assuming 3% for the buyers agent and 3% for the sellers agent). You’re looking at over $23,000 in expenses, without accounting for the value of your time, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, and the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months. The total cost to you could be closer to $30,000.
- So what if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of that? Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price (lets say… $175,000)… you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like Willamette Home Buyers versus waiting 7 months for a full price offer (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees).
- Take action!: Whatever you decide… decide and take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, Willamette Home Buyers can help you find a great seller’s agent in Salem Oregon. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions… consider selling your house to us.
If you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a really great property, you might want to test the market by offering it out at a high price. There’s a small chance someone might just fall in love and be willing to overpay – people do crazy things for love.
The reality is most properties are pretty average. Mos houses are comparable to houses around them, just like people who live near each other tend to have a lot in common too. Unless your property is truly exceptional, (like magazine-quality extra-special), you won’t capture the most money in the market by pricing at the highest point.
You may also win by marketing your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. You have to maintain control of the process, which can confuse even seasoned real estate brokers. And if you end up with a renter, you are going to suddenly find yourself being a landlord, whether you’re ready for it or not.
In certain situations, we may partner with property owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed time before buying.
In other cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments or conduct a short sale with a bank.
We love helping people solve complicated problems.
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who Is Willamette Home Buyers And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Salem?
We’re real estate investors. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Salem home owners who need to sell fast for one reason or another. Many of the houses we buy need significant repairs.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other reasons
But we’re passionate people. We are your neighbors, and we believe in the Salem community.
We’re honest and straightforward. We’ll treat you with the respect you deserve, and we’ll quote you a fair price. We can close fast with cash.
If you’re prepared to wait and hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off. Are you feeling lucky?
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Salem real estate, so please feel free to call us at 503-383-1686 and chat with us anytime.
If you found this article informative, please don’t forget to share it on your social media pages to help your friends that may be facing their own real estate problems!