Avoiding Foreclosure on Your House
Are you struggling to make your mortgage payment? You’re not alone. Over ten million Americans have lost their jobs recently. It’s a scary time, but you can’t let fear paralyze you. The sooner you act, the more options you have. We’ve compiled a list of resources that might help you avoid foreclosure.
In addition to the links above, your own mortgage company has programs to help people that are having trouble making payments. Visit their website or give them a call to discuss what they can offer you.
While there are a lot of programs to help struggling homeowners, many of them are tailored for specific types of people or specific circumstances. Like anything else involving the government, sorting through the bureaucracy to figure out if you qualify for a program can be confusing and time consuming. Ultimately, if you can’t make your payment or find a way to modify your loan, you will lose your house. You might decide it’s better to simply sell your house before it’s foreclosed on.
There are three primary options for selling your house.
List My House With an Agent
- House is always listed on the MLS
- Your agent networks with other agents to give your house maximum exposure
- Selling can take several months – even longer in a buyer’s market
- Your house should be in good condition, and you may have to make some repairs in order to get it sold
- Your agent will keep up to 6% of the sale price
List My House on My Own
- You won’t pay a commission to a seller’s agent, but you might still need to offer a commission to buyer’s agents
- You’ll have to get your house listed on the MLS and real estate websites on your own
- It may take even longer to sell than with an agent, and you may not be able to get as high a price
- Your house still should be in good condition
Sell My House To a Cash Buyer
- The sales price will be less than if you listed it
- But you won’t pay any commissions or other fees
- You can sell your house much faster than listing it
- No showings
- Your house can be in any condition -no repairs or clean up neccessary
The choice is yours. If you’re having trouble deciding, go ahead and fill out the form below. We’ll meet with you and discuss your options, and if selling to us isn’t the best solution to your problem, we’ll help you figure out what is.
Request a no-obligation offer for your property!
What if You’re Already in Foreclosure?
Are you in foreclosure and want to learn how to stop foreclosure now? We’ve created free online guides to help homeowners just like you find out your options on getting out of the sticky situation you’re in right now.
You aren’t the first person to go through a foreclosure… and won’t be the last. So don’t feel ashamed. It happens.
The best thing you can do right now is to educate yourself on your options. For some people selling your home is the best option (we’ll make a fair all-cash offer on your house today, just let us know about your situation here <<), sometimes we’re able to help homeowners STOP FORECLOSURE completely, and sometimes there are other options. So, click one of the buttons above to get your free foreclosure guide.